Thursday, December 2, 2010

Next Semester: Enter Teaching Assistant

So I'm taking a break from my most recent project (which I'll be posting about soon I promise) to write a little post on something I'm doing this spring. I will be a TA for the Digital Game Design class at Michigan State, the first class that students take in our Game Development Specialization.

This is really exciting to me for a variety of reasons:
  • I like helping people make games. Its awesome to help someone learn the technical aspects in game development so that they can craft interesting experiences. Art games anyone? (hint: go play pOnd)
  • I know that by helping others, I am helping my development community in an important way. When I was a freshman, I worked with several seniors on game projects and game jams. They helped me every step of the way and it's the only reason I'm where I'm at today.
  • Maybe I can help people not write such terrible code. Us programmers are supposed to be the enablers right? Aras had some really good points in a recent presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment