Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blogs

It was recently impressed upon me that making a blog might be beneficial for increasing my internet presence and thus be beneficial in a pre-professional sense.  Which apparently was what I needed to push me over the edge and actually start writing one.  It would be a lie to say I haven't entertained the idea of starting one for months now, but it took the push of creating a blog for more than just my personal enjoyment to finally make one.  I think that's disgusting, and I resent the fact that shear procrastination stopped me from trying my hand at something as easy as a web blog.  Then again there is that Living With Lions song titled "Later Is Better," so I can only hope that that's the case.

As I mentioned, I had been entertaining the idea of starting a blog for some time now, and I've been reading several on a daily basis for years now.  Some of them have really made an impression on me, which has me stoked to finally be writing my own.  Of course, they also give me strong urges to buy a really nice camera to supplement my writings.  Too late for that, because I spent my paycheck on an xbox360 yesterday.  So anyways, here are some of the blogs that I enjoy:

Mitch Clem, the ever intriguing punk cartoonist.  I've followed his blog and comics since my sophomore year of high school, which means I quite possibly know way too much about his life.

XKCD, the web comic for the nerds of the world.  Randall Munroe updates his comics very regularly, but his blog only sometimes.  However, the posts are usually quite interesting, and the comics are great.

Johnny Cupcakes, a former member of the band On Broken Wings, started a clothing company.  He also writes an awesome blog on the website that rivals the quality of the clothing.  He takes some awesome pictures to go along with with his posts.  I'm always impressed when I find myself on his page.

No comments:

Post a Comment