Sunday, November 2, 2008

EA Layoffs

So, I'm a first year student in college and through my studies I hope to land a job in the video game industry (which as many will tell you, is not as easy as one would think).  I've been happy to hear all of the reports saying that the games industry is "recession proof," as it is still going strong and is expected to see growth yet again in the upcoming holiday season.

However, I don't particularly appreciate it when I see this in the industry news on gamasutra.com.  Layoffs in one of the largest companies in the industry might have nothing to do with the industry as a whole, but it does not bode well for a student hoping to get an internship at a company like EA, which was well known for taking a decent number of interns.   At least I'm not in the auto industry...

No comments:

Post a Comment